A number of states in the US have legalized marijuana to be used for both recreational and medicinal purposes. Colorado passed amendment 64 that effectively legalized marijuana to be used for recreational purposes. The amendment provides the legal framework through which rules and regulations can be formulated to govern the possession and sale of the recreational mail order marijuana The state has come up with rules and regulations guiding the recreational marijuana subsector. For visitors coming to Colorado for pot buying and smoking purposes, there are a number of things that you need to know. This article addresses some key points for a marijuana tourist visiting Colorado.
- Buying marijuana– it is possible for a visitor to Colorado state to buy and consume marijuana provided that the visitor is over 21 years. The law does not exclude visitors from buying and using Get Kush marijuana while they are in the state.
- Amount of marijuana to buy-as a visitor to Colorado, you can buy the same amount as a resident of the state. While a state resident with a valid ID can buy up to an ounce of marijuana, a non-resident can purchase a quarter of an ounce.
- How to buy marijuana-you only need to show a valid government ID and you are able to buy an amount prescribed by the law.
- Where to buy marijuana-You can buy marijuana from state licensed shops. However, you need to realize that some cities, counties and towns have banned use of marijuana.
- Hours of operation of stores-The Colorado state law stipulates that stores must not be opened before 8 AM and cannot be opened past midnight.
- Drugged driving-you can be prosecuted if you are high and driving in Colorado. The law states the amount of THC which should be in your system while driving. If you exceed the limit set, you can be prosecuted.
- Weed and federal laws-marijuana is regarded as an illegal drug under the federal laws. The state that legalizes marijuana must demonstrate the fact that it has robust laws. The Colorado state laws are regarded as being robust and the federal government cannot prosecute a person found using marijuana for medicinal or recreational purposes.
- Use of credit and debit cards– Due to the federal laws regarding banking, one cannot use these cards to purchase pot products. If you intend to purchase marijuana, use are allowed to use cash.
- Where to smoke marijuana-as smoking of marijuana in public places is illegal, it is advisable that one consumes it while in their houses. If you have a rented house, however, the landlord has a right to say no.